Monday, November 2, 2009

Warning Signs


Following God's footsteps in the wet sand sounds easy enough, but what about when the tide sweeps away the marks in the sand? Or the sand dries, leaving nothing but mound after mound of endless sand? Immediately, panic overtakes me. "What do I do?!," I cry out to God, "Where do I go? Why have you abandon me?" But my cries are swept away on the wind as giant waves crash around me. I feel lost, alone, and helpless. A child without a mother. An orphan.

Then, above the roar of the ocean, I hear His voice calling to me. "Look here," He yells. Sensing His direction, I look His way and notice a sign. A warning sign. He was there all along, I just wasn't looking.
"I keep praying that God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which He has called you, the riches of His glorious inheritance in the saints." - Ephesians 1:17-18
I think many times we find ourselves in this situation. We blame God for our failures and faults. We demand an explanation, "Why?! How could you let this happen?! Where were you?!" If only we could humble ourselves before God, so that he may lift us up in due time. Seek his face, so that we may understand what awesome plans he has for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment